Interfaith seeks to provide:
- A structure for cooperation and action by the people of Topeka’s religious communities.
- A means of communication and dialogue among various religious groups to support similar interests and concerns.
- A resource for bringing religious groups of the city together for common study, worship, service and the promotion of human justice.
- A vehicle for planning and coordinating programs, activities and resources for the various religious groups.
- A voice of religious leadership to articulate the concerns of the religious community on social issues.
Membership in Interfaith of Topeka is open to all congregations, individuals, and organizations in the Topeka area who affirm its stated purpose and goals. Each member shall fill out an application form, which should be updated annually.
Congregations and other faith groups may appoint delegates to vote at our annual meeting. Organizations may appoint one delegate, who also may vote. Individual members also may vote. All delegates are encouraged to participate in one or more committees.
The 18-member board of directors meets at 7 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Delegates are welcome to sit in on all meetings.
Please note important information:
Our new by-laws. have been approved. Click on the link to see them.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.