The November Board Meeting will be held at the Topeka/Shawnee Public Library. Faith Sharing will be by Christian Kramer with a presentation on American Indian traditions.
First Congregational-UCC 1701 SW Collins will dedicate their peace pole on Saturday, October 27, 2007. The speakers will include Imam Omar Hazim from the Islamic Center of Topeka and Bill Beachy from the Topeka Center for Peace and Justice.
The presentation will take place at 10:00 a.m. and all interested parties are invited to attend. Interfaith of Topeka is encouraging faith groups around Topeka to join together planting peace poles throughout the community.
(There will be a pancake breakfast the same morning from 8-11:00 for the Don Hough Memorial. Pancakes, biscuits and gravy, sausage, oatmeal, coffee and fruit juice will be served. $5 adults, $2.50 children 12 and under. While this is not officially a part of the peace pole dedication it will be good food for a good cause for anyone interested. Proceeds will benefit Christian Education)
The Thanksgiving Service will be held Sunday November 18th at the First Congregational-UCC Church, 1701 Collins Park. The service will begin at 7:00 p.m. Singing, dancing, music and faith sharing will be the order of the night. A reception will follow.
An offering will be taken and canned goods will be accepted for "Let’s Help".
American Sign Language Interpreter Available
Child Care Available
All are welcome to attend.
October Board meeting will be held at the Congregational Church @ 17th and Collins Park.
The meeting will be held in the Congregational Church library starting at 6:00 pm.
The September Board meeting will be held, 2007-09-25 at the Topeka Public Library as usual.
The August Board Meeting will be held at the Topeka/Shawnee Library.
It will begin with Faith Sharing by Jerry Quiring about Progressive Christianity starting at 6:45pm. All members of Interfaith are welcome to attend.
Following Faith Sharing the Board meeting will run until 8:45 when the Library closes. We plan to show websites where ‘Peace Poles" are demonstrated. We will consider having Interfaith present Peace Poles to the City of Topeka for several public locations.
Will meet starting at 6:00 pm prior to Faith Sharing
Annual Interfaith Meeting
Islamic Center of Topeka
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:00 pm
1. Location: At Crossing of 27th St and Kentucky St.
2. Address: 1115 SE 27th St, 66603.
3. Parking on Kentucky Street Side. Extra parking on 27th St along the fence and on Kentucky St.
4. Entrance of Center is from parking lot on Kentucky St. and not from 27th St, which is front of the building.
5. Meeting Starts at 6.00PM.
6. Please enter to Community Hall from any door. Ignore sister and brothers written on the top of the door.
7. Taking of Shoes is preferred in case if you have to go to the prayer hall which opens from community hall. Taking of shoes is not needed if you want to be only in the Community Hall.
8. Casual and clean dress needed. Shorts and sleeveless shirts are discouraged.
9. Head scarves by the ladies are only needed if going to Prayer Hall.
10. Restriction on pot-luck Food. No Pork products and no wine or lard cooked food. Anything else is ok.
11. Program as per Interfaith.
12. Table and chairs will be in round table conference style with podium and mike at one corner.
13. Please call me or Imam Omar Hazim if there are any other questions or concerns. My cell number is 785 6085879.Omar Hazim Cell number is 221 3568.